Want to know how often to use a sauna? This article will inform you on the standard frequency of usage and the rules governing its usage so you can derive optimum health and improved well being.
WHAT DO I DO BEFORE STARTING A SAUNA SESSION
- Drink lots of water or any liquid substance to hydrate yourself properly.
- Avoid alcoholic or any intoxicating substance.
- Wait 1-2 hours after a meal before starting a session.
- Be sure to check your body to know if you are in good shape health-wise before entry.
WHAT CAN I DO WHILE USING A SAUNA
- Wear light clothing materials so as to absorb heat and perspire properly. Towels or swimsuits could also be worn too.
- Stretch your body parts; arms, neck, legs and back during each session to relax and achieve more flexibility. Massage muscle areas or injuries to ease off stress and release knotted up blood.
- Stay well hydrated during each session.
- Exit the sauna if you feel unwell, drowsy or too hot.
WHAT DO I DO AFTER USING A SAUNA
- Drinks lots of water to re-hydrate yourself. Taking sugar-free electrolyte drink can help restore body fluids lost during sauna sessions.
- Relax and take a cool shower after about 10-15 minutes of exiting the sauna.
Read: Shower after sauna
HOW LONG SHOULD I USE A SAUNA?
The duration of each session is totally dependent on you. For a start, you could spend about 15 to 20 minutes. Then subsequent session could average around 25 to 45 minutes. Also, the length of each session could also vary according to the recommendation of your physician.
WHAT IS THE BEST TEMPERATURE TO USE DURING A SESSION?
An average temperature of about 45 degrees Celsius is suitable for a sauna session. Research has proven that temperature above 45 degrees Celsius is harmful to cancerous cells and can improve the results of chemotherapy. This is not a standard rule of thumb for temperature level as the air within does not necessarily need to be too warm for you to start sweating.